Cofran's Texas . . .
Hill Country Portal
A Powerful Information Database & Gateway Service for the Texas Hill Country
County Profile For:
KIMBLE COUNTY, Texas
"Land of Living Waters"County Seat: JunctionEst: 1858
County Borders: N: Menard; NE: Mason; SE: Gillespie; SE: Kerr; SW: Edwards; W: Sutton
Population (2015): 4,388Businesses (2014): 134COL Index (2008): 77.6
Zip Codes: 76849, 76854, 76874Area Codes: 325Time Zone: CST
Center Line Coordinates: 30° 29' N; 99° 46' W
Major Highways: IH-10, US 83, 290, 377
Rivers: Llano, JamesLakes: None
Area: 1,251 smElevation: 1,400 to 2,400 ft
CITIES & TOWNS IN THIS COUNTY:
- Cities: Junction
- Towns & Villages:
- Unincorporated: Buck Hollow, Cleo, London, Noxville, Roosevelt, Segovia, Telegraph, Wilson Place, Yates
- County Judge: Delbert R. Roberts
501 Main St, Junction, TX 76849
Ofc: 325-446-2724; Fax: 325-446-2986
- Concho Valley Council Of Governments: 325-944-9666
2801 W Loop 306, Ste A, San Angelo, TX 76904
- Kimble County Chamber Of Commerce: 325-446-3190
402 Main St, Junction, TX 76849-4742
EVENT CALENDAR: For full details on these and nearby events see Festivals & Major Events, Trade Days & Farmers Markets, Live Entertainment, and calendars on our other focus topic pages accessible from the menu above.
WEATHER: Local Weather; Hill Country-wide Weather
MEDIA COVERAGE: See full details in Directory below.
- On-Line News: Google News; Topix
- Newspaper: Junction Eagle, 325-446-2610, www.junctioneagle.com
- Radio: KMBL 1450 AM: www.kmblam.com; www.revfmradio.com; KOOK 93.5 FM
- TV, Articles & Videos:
- Handbook Of Texas Online: TSHA
- County TXGenWeb Project (genealogical/historical information, including cemeteries, markers, maps, census data, surname queries): TXGenWeb
- Kimble County Historical Commission: See full details in Directory below.
- Kimble County Historical Markers: List & Map
- More History: at Portal city profiles in list shown above, including Junction
- Kimble County was named after George C. Kimbell, a defender who died at the Alamo.
OTHER PROFILES: City Data; ePodunk; TXCIP; US Census Quick Facts; Wikipedia
We welcome inquiries, comments and submission of updates, additions, corrections & digital photos,
without compensation. Send to Editor at:
BUSINESS & ORGANIZATION DIRECTORY
KIMBLE COUNTY: County Judge: Delbert R. Roberts, 501 Main St, Junction, TX 76849. Ofc: 325-446-2724; Fax: 325-446-2986. www.co.kimble.tx.us. Email: email@example.com
KIMBLE COUNTY, AIRPORT (JCT): 325-446-2820; 635 Airport Rd, 1 mi NE of Junction, TX 76849. Publicly owned (Kimble County), Open to public. No tower. Runway: 5,000 x 75 ft.; AirNav; Map
KIMBLE COUNTY APPRAISAL DISTRICT: 325-446-3717; 501 Main St, Junction, TX 76849. www.kimblecad.org
KIMBLE COUNTY, GAME WARDEN: 325-446-2766; Junction, TX 76849
KIMBLE COUNTY, HISTORICAL COMMISSION:
KIMBLE COUNTY, JUSTICE OF THE PEACE: 325-446-2281; Junction, TX 76849
KIMBLE COUNTY, LIBRARY: 325-446-2342; 208 N 10th St, Junction, TX 76849. www.kc-library.org
KIMBLE COUNTY, SHERIFF: 325-446-2766; 415 Pecan St, Junction, TX 76849. Sheriff Hilario Cantu. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LOCATED WITHIN THIS COUNTY: See detailed listings in each city/town in this county. Use the list with city links for this county at the top of this profile page. Or, use the Menu at the top of every page for city links. is the predominate city in this county and is where most such services are located.
US POST OFFICES: 800-275-8777; www.usps.com
- 325-446-2587; 612 College St, Junction, TX 76849-9998
- 325-475-2254; 17295 US 377 N, London, TX 76854
- 325-446-2385; 3816 State Loop 291, Roosevelt, TX 76874. Located at Simon Brothers Store
LOCATED OUTSIDE THE TEXAS HILL COUNTRY: See State & Federal Offices
(Police, Fire, EMS/Medical)
CRIME STOPPERS-REPORT ANONYMOUSLY: 1-800-222-8477; or click: Stoppers
DISASTER & EMERGENCY SERVICES: Beyond dialing 911 for emergency services (police, fire, rescue), when a major destructive event occurs (wind damage, flooding, explosion, wildland fire, mass casualty incidents, terrorism, etc.), response services are organized based on the disaster coverage area and severity:
- EMERGENCY SHELTERS & LOCAL RELIEF SERVICES MOSTLY WITHIN A CITY: Depending on local needs and incident circumstances, check with local service and information organizations and locations that can be found on the Portal city page for each town/city, per the above Portal menu at the top of each page. On these city pages you can determine their open/close status and scope of services (shelter, showers, food, clothing, financial, essential supplies, other) presently offered, and donations (food, clothing, cash, other) they will accept. Their scope can change quickly based on the extent of damage and needs. The city pages also include emergency contacts for major utilities that are often affected during such incidents, including power, water, communications, etc.
- MULTIPLE CITY OR COUNTY-WIDE INCIDENTS: See County Judge's office for Emergency Management, and Sheriff's Dept above.
- MULTIPLE COUNTY INCIDENTS: See our Portal Focus Topic Page on Emergency Services for comprehensive information on area-wide emergency resources and contacts (Red Cross, TCEQ, Alert Systems, etc.).
CRISIS HOTLINES: click Hotlines-Emergencies
WITH OFFICES LOCATED WITHIN THIS COUNTY:
See detailed listings in each city/town in this county. Use the list with city links for this county at the top of this profile page. Or, use the Menu at the top of every page for city links. is the predominate city in this county and is where most such services are located.
WITH OFFICES LOCATED OUTSIDE THIS COUNTY:
AMERICAN RED CROSS, Hill Country Chapter: 830-257-4677;
333 Earl Garrett, Kerrville, TX 78028. email@example.com. A humanitarian organization led by volunteers and guided by its Congressional Charter and the fundamental principles of the International Red Cross Movement, that provides relief to victims of disasters and helps people prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies. Serves Blanco, Gillespie, Mason, Menard, Kimble and Kerr counties.
ANY BABY CAN OF SAN ANTONIO: 210-227-0170; 217 Howard, San Antonio, TX 78212. www.anybabycansa.org. A non-profit agency that provides direction and guidance for families of children and youth with special needs. All services are provided at no cost, regardless of income, to families who have a child (through age 17) with a chronic illness, disability, developmental delay or health risk. The child must reside in Bexar, Atascosa, Bandera, Blanco, Caldwell, Comal, Edwards, Frio, Gillespie, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Hays, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Medina, Real, Uvalde or Wilson County. Local office:
Kerrville: 830-792-4222; 819 Water St, Ste 109, Kerrville, TX 78028. Brenda Heimann, firstname.lastname@example.org
New Braunfels: 800-524-3755; 1040 N Walnut, Ste C2 at Seele Plaza, New Braunfels, TX 78130
HILL COUNTRY CARES: 830-257-7088; POB 291817, Kerrville, TX 78029. www.hccares.com. A non-profit organization promoting healthy individuals, healthy families and healthy communities by providing prevention, intervention and recovery services for domestic violence, sexual assault, abuse and neglect, chronic illnesses, and self-destructive behaviors. Area Hot Lines for free, confidential counseling, 24 hours a day: Kimball & Kerr Counties: 830-257-2400, or Toll Free: 1-888-621-0047. Bandera County: 830-796-3302. Kendall County: 830-249-8379. Gillespie County: 830-997-4357
TEXAS MASTER NATURALISTS: www.txmn.org. A non-profit organization under the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Program in concert with Texas Parks & Wildlife. Mission is to develop a corps of well-informed volunteers to provide education, outreach, and service dedicated to the beneficial management of natural resources and natural areas within their communities.
Local: Hill Country Chapter, 830-896-2504; 309 Sidney Baker S, Kerrville, TX 78028. Meets 4th Mon 7p at UGRA building. Michelle Haggerty, State Coordinator. Counties served: Counties served: Bandera, Edwards, Gillespie, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Mason, Menard, Real, San Saba. www.txmn.org/hillcountry
TEXAS RIO GRANDE LEGAL AID (TRLA): 1-888-988-9996; 4920 IH-35 N, Frontage Rd, Austin, TX 78751. www.trla.org. A non-profit organization that provides free legal services to eligible low-income residents in 68 counties of SW Texas, including the Hill Country, and also represents migrant and seasonal farm workers. No local permanent offices (except nearby Austin and San Antonio), however visits are made to some cities. Start eligibility application process on web or call for appointment. Counties served: Bandera, Blanco, Burnet, Comal, Edwards, Gillespie, Hays, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Llano, Mason, Medina, Real, Travis, Uvalde, Williamson
Note: See chamber, tourism & economic development listings in profile section above.
Note: For Hill Country-wide non-profits, public service and social service organizations, see Hill Country Area Profile
HILL COUNTRY-WIDE UTILITY PROVIDERS:
For Hill Country area utility service providers (electric, gas, water, sewer, trash),
telecom providers (land lines, cellular service, TV, internet), and related services (package delivery, newspaper, etc.), click: Utilities & Telecom
SANDY ROAD GUEST HAUS:
Upscale Western-style Guest House Lodging
in a Beautiful Ranch Setting in the Gorgeous Texas Hill Country
Reservations & Information: 281-300-7177
9242 RR 1320 (Sandy Road), Johnson City, TX 78636
Web: www.SandyRoadGuestHaus.com Email: info@SandyRoadGuestHaus.com
Come Relax & Enjoy!