Cofran's Texas . . .
Hill Country Portal
A Powerful Information Database & Gateway Service for the Texas Hill Country
City Profile For:
SUNRISE BEACH VILLAGE, CITY OF, Texas
"no slogan"Population (2015e): 731COL Index (2008):
Tax Rate (2013): $0.17098
Elevation: 843 ftArea: 2.3 smCounty: Llano
Zip Code: 78643Area Code: 325-388Time Zone: CST
Coordinates: 30° 35' 46" N, 98° 24' 59" W
Location: On SW shore of Lake LBJ, isolated at the end of FM-2233; 62 mi NE of Austin
Highways: TX-71, FM-2233, FM-2273Creeks: NoneRivers: ColoradoLakes: LBJ
Sunrise Beach Village, City Of: Ofc: 325-388-6438, Fax: 325-388-6973
124 Sunrise Dr, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643
Web: www.cityofsunrisebeach.org; Email: email@example.com
CHAMBER, TOURISM & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: None
NEIGHBORING TOWNS: (by road)18 mi NW of Cottonwood Shores, 15 mi NW of Granite Shoals, 15 SW of Highland Haven, 15 mi NW of Horseshoe Bay, 8 mi SE of Kingsland; 24 mi SE of Llano via TX-71, 23 mi W of Marble Falls via TX-71, 25 mi NW of Meadowlakes
PRINCIPAL BUSINESS: This is a retirement, recreational and residential community
MAJOR ATTRACTIONS: See full details in Directory below
- Local waterfront parks & water recreation on Lake LBJ
- Proximity to all of the Highland Lakes and many Parks in the region
- Lost Creek Vineyard: 325-388-3753; www.lostcreekvineyard.com
- Lake Buchanan Area: Buchanan Dam & Museum & Visitor Center; Vanishing Texas River Cruise; Canyon Of The Eagles Lodge & Nature Park; State & LCRA Parks
- Burnet: Austin Steam Train Association's "Hill Country Flyer"; Highland Lakes Air Museum; Fort Croghan; Delaware Springs Golf Course; Perissos Vineyard And Winery; Falkenstein Castle
- Cottonwood Shores: The Hill Country Theatre
- Highland Lakes: Lake Recreation & Water Sports
- Horseshoe Bay: Granite Beach Recreation Area; Marriott Resort & Golf Courses
- Kingsland: Falkenstein Castle; Inks Lake State Park; Inks Lake Dam National Fish Hatchery; Longhorn Cavern State Park; Buchanan Dam; Golf Courses; Packsaddle Mountain; Historic Rail Yard Complex
- Meadowlakes: Golf & Country Club
- Round Mountain: Auction Barn; Historic Church & Inn
- Lake Buchanan Area: Canyon Of The Eagles Nature Park; State & LCRA Parks
- Burnet: Longhorn Cavern State Park; Inks Lake State Park; Inks Lake Dam National Fish Hatchery
- Horseshoe Bay: Granite Beach Recreation Area
- Kingsland: Inks Lake State Park; Inks Lake Dam National Fish Hatchery; Longhorn Cavern State Park; Nightengale Archaeological Center
- Spicewood: Grelle Recreation Area; Narrows Recreation Area; Muleshoe Bend Recreation Area
- Local city parks include:
- East Lakeshore Park: 500 blk of East Lakeshore Dr, Sunrise Beach Village, TX 78643, on Lake LBJ. Restrooms, boat ramp, pier, pavilion, swing set
- Granite Shoals Lake Estate (GSLE) Park: 300 blk of Park Ln, Sunrise Beach Village, TX 78643, on Lake LBJ. Restrooms, boat ramp, square pier, pavilions, great fishing and swimming
- McNair Park: 211 Park Rd, Sunrise Beach Village, TX 78643, on Lake LBJ. Restrooms, boat ramp, two piers, pavilions, great fishing and swimming. Rental available.
- Sandy Park: 800 blk of Sandy Mountain Dr, Sunrise Beach Village, TX 78643, on Lake LBJ. Restrooms, lots of trees, huge sand bar, great fishing and swimming, no boat ramp.
- Timbercove Park: 500 blk of FM-2233, Sunrise Beach Village, TX 78643, on Lake LBJ. Restrooms, kids playscapes, basketball court, pavilion, no boat ramp
For full details on nearby events see Festivals & Major Events, Trade Days & Farmers Markets, Live Entertainment, and calendars on our other focus topic pages accessible from the menu above.
WEATHER: Local Weather (Marble Falls); Hill Country-wide Weather
MEDIA COVERAGE: See full details in Directory below.
- On-Line News: Google News; Topix
- Newspapers: Burnet Bulletin (weekly newspaper), www.burnetbulletin.com; Citizen's Gazette; The Highlander (Marble Falls), www.highlandernews.com; The Picayunne (Marble Falls), www.thepicayunetv.com
- Radio/TV, Articles & Videos:
HISTORY: Handbook of Texas Online: ". . one of the first lakefront subdivisions on Lake Lyndon B. Johnson, is between Marble Falls and Llano in Llano County. It was founded in 1958 by developer David Miller of San Antonio as a resort and retirement center and given the name Sunrise Beach. In 1966 the community had recreational facilities, motels, restaurants, and businesses concerned with building trades. By 1970 the estimated population had risen to 800. After peaking at 1,025 in the mid-1970s, the population fell to 420 by 1980. The community was incorporated shortly thereafter, and the name was later changed to Sunrise Beach Village. In 1990 the population was 497. The population reached 704 in 2000."
PRIOR CITY NAMES: Sunrise Beach
AVAILABLE SERVICES: Gas: no; Convenience Stores: no; Restaurants: no; Lodging: no; Grocery Stores: no; Banks: no; Vehicle Repair: no; Hospital: no; Med Clinic: no; Post Office: no; Public Schools: no; Cemetery: no
OTHER PROFILES: City Data; ePodunk; Texas Escapes (not available); Travel Texas (not available); Wikipedia
We welcome inquiries, comments and submission of updates, additions, corrections
& digital photos, without compensation. Send to:
BUSINESS & ORGANIZATION DIRECTORY
BARONIES BOTELS ON LAKE LBJ: 512-931-1523; 110 Sunrise Dr, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643. https://baroniesbotels-boat-storage.com. Boat storage
G&G DOCKS: 325-423-0419; 117 Sunrise Dr, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643. www.ggdocks.com
LAKE LBJ RESORT, MARINA & COUNTRY CLUB: 325-388-9393; 667 Sandy Mountain Dr, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643. www.lakelbjfun.com. Boat & PWC sales & rental, repair, gas, storage, detailing,
SUNRISE BEACH MARINE SERVICES: 325-388-8166; 663 Sandy Mountain Dr, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643
SUNRISE BEACH FEDERATED CHURCH: 325-388-9254; 105 E Lakeshore Dr, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643. www.sunrisebeachfederatedchurch.org
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF SUNRISE BEACH: 325-388-4113; 606 FM-2233, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643. www.fbcsrb.org
OUR LADY OF THE LAKE CATHOLIC CHURCH: 120 FM-2233, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643
SANDY MOUNTAIN FELLOWSHIP: Community Center Sunrise Beach: 830-693-7539; 300 San Saba, Marble Falls, TX 78654
SUNRISE BEACH FEDERATED CHURCH: 105 E Lakeshore Dr, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643
(Police, Fire, EMS/Medical)
CRIME STOPPERS-REPORT ANONYMOUSLY: 1-800-222-8477; or click: Stoppers
LLANO COUNTY EMS: 325-247-3088 ((Non Emergency)
LLANO COUNTY SHERIFF: 325-247-5767 ((Non Emergency)
SUNRISE BEACH POLICE: 325-247-5767 ((Non Emergency)
SUNRISE BEACH VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPT: Admin: 325-388-6880 ((Non Emergency); 200 Sunrise Dr, Sunrise Beach Village, TX 78643
CRISIS HOTLINES: click Hotlines-Emergencies
LOCAL CITY GOVERNMENT:
CITY OF SUNRISE BEACH VILLAGE: Ofc: 325-388-6438, Fax: 325-388-6973; 124 Sunrise Dr, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643. www.cityofsunrisebeach.org; firstname.lastname@example.org
SUNRISE BEACH AIRPORT (2KL): 325-388-4371; 1 mi NE of Sunrise Beach Village. 78643. Publicly owned, open to the public. No tower. Runway: 2,649 x 110 ft; AirNav; Map
SUNRISE BEACH CIVIC CENTER: 124 Sunrise Dr, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643
LOCAL COUNTY GOVERNMENT: See: Llano County Government Offices
STATE & FEDERAL GOVERNMENT: For offices that represent the Hill Country,
see: Texas & Federal Government Offices
US POSTAL SERVICE (USPS): 800-275-8777; www.usps.com
Local post office: 915-388-3470; 103 Sunrise Dr, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643
As a residential community, there are no hunting opportunities in this town.
HONEY BEECH LODGE: 325-388-3098; 311 Beach Dr, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643. www.honeybeechlodge.com
LAKE LBJ RESORT, MARINA & COUNTRY CLUB: 325-388-9393; 667 Sandy Mountain Dr, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643. www.lakelbjfun.com. Lodging
(THE) LODGE AT LAKE LBJ: 325-388-2706; 212 Skyline Dr, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643
SUNRISE COVE RENTAL: 503-799-4453; 325-248-1505; 218 Skyline Dr, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643. www.SunRiseCoveonLBJ.com. Waterfront rental home with boat slip
A + B STORAGE UNITS: 512-778-6030; 300 Sunrise Dr, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643
A.J.'S ELECTRIC SERVICE: 830-798-4559; Sunrise Beach, TX 78643
BUCK BUILDERS: 325-388-6539; 718 Buck Trail, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643
W.N. CARGILL, CPA: 325-388-6819; 102 Sunrise Dr, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643
CHAMBLISS & SONS SERVICES: 301 Horseshoe Dr, Kingsland. Demolition, lot clearing, back-hoe, dump truck service, gravel & rock delivery.
CITIZENS COMMUNITY ACTION ASSOCIATION (CCAA): Sunrise Beach, TX 78643
DIAMOND C RANCH: 325-388-; 3050 FM-2233, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643
HILL COUNTRY AVIATION: 512-755-0399; 643 Circle Dr, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643. Aviation repair.
KYLE LAWN & HOME: 830-613-1938; 126 Overstreet Dr, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643
LAKE LBJ RESORT, MARINA & COUNTRY CLUB: See full description in Lodging above.
MINI STORAGE: 325-388-6355; FM-2233, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643
SEPTIC SYSTEMS: 325-423-4200; Sunrise Beach, TX 78643. Septic systems installed, granite gravel, top soil.
SUNRISE BEACH LAWN CHAIR BRIGADE: 325-388-6179; Sunrise Beach Dr, TX 78643. A renowned "precision drill marching" brigade using a lawn chair as their prop.
SUNRISE BEACH MASSAGE: 325-388-4500; Sunrise Beach, TX 78643. www.SunriseBeachMassage.com
T-MART: 325-388-3470; 103 Sunrise Dr, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643. Gas Station, USPS Extension, General Store, supplies for home and ranch
CENTURY 21 - LANDMASTERS REAL ESTATE LAKE LBJ: 325-388-4555; 800-306-8629; 801 Sunrise Dr, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643. www.lakelbj-homes.com. www.kingsland-homes.com
LAKEFRONT REALTY: 325-388-6819; 102 Sunrise Dr, 103 Sunrise Dr, Sunrise Beach Dr, TX 78643
MARKGRAF REAL ESTATE: 325-388-0228; 800-838-7816; 3836 FM-2233, Sunrise Beach Dr, TX 78643-9213
SUNRISE REAL ESTATE: 325-388-6674; 288 Lakeshore Dr, Sunrise Beach Dr, TX 78643
TRAMMELL & ASSOCIATES LLC: 325-388-6200; 3938 FM-2233, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643. www.ptalakes.com
RE/MAX - LAKE LBJ: 830-265-0707; 3836 FM-2233, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643. www.donharrison.net
BOATER'S BISTRO: 325-388-9393; 667 Sandy Mountain Rd, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643. www.boatersbistro.com. Located at Lake LBJ Resort, Marina & Country Club
MOSCA'S: 325-388-4774; 106 Sunrise Dr, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643. Restaurant, pizza, movie rentals
TREEHOUSE BISTRO: 1125 FM-2233, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643. Closed
See Marble Falls for Marble Falls CISD.
LOCAL UTILITY PROVIDERS:
OTHER LOCAL PROVIDERS:
HILL COUNTRY HIGH SPEED: 325-270-0640; 7210 RM-1431 W, Granite Shoals, TX 78654. www.hchighspeed.com. Internet service provider in the Highland Lakes area
LOWER COLORADO RIVER ASSOCIATION (LCRA): 800-776-5272; 3700 Lake Austin Blvd, Austin, TX 78703.www.lcra.org. LCRA plays a variety of roles in Central Texas: delivering electricity, managing the water supply and environment of the lower Colorado River basin, developing water and wastewater utilities, providing public recreation areas, and supporting community and economic development.
Emergencies (to report water pollution, such as spills or contamination): 1-800-776-5272 x6843
PEDERNALES ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE (PEC): www.pec.coop. A Texas non-profit corporation owned by its members, the largest electric cooperative in the country, coves 8,100 square miles, 214,000 members, with assets over $1 billion.
HQ, Connections & Service Startup: 1-888-554-4732
PEC Emergencies, Service Interruptions & Marking of Underground Utility Lines (open 24x7): 1-888-883-3379
Internet: Blue Mountain; Northland. See full details in Marble Falls Directory, in Utilities section.
HILL COUNTRY-WIDE UTILITY PROVIDERS:
For Hill Country area utility service providers (electric, gas, water, sewer, trash),
telecom providers (land lines, cellular service, TV, internet), and related services (package delivery, newspaper, etc.), click: Utilities & Telecom
LOST CREEK VINEYARD: 325-388-3753; 1129 FM-2233, Sunrise Beach Dr, TX 78643; www.lostcreekvineyard.com; Mon-Sat. 10-5; Sun 12-5. Often referred to as an "Oasis" in the Texas Hill Country. Owner and winemaker David Brinkman has a passion to create the finest wines possible that have been rewarded with 36 medals, both local and international, in less than 3 short years. Picnics, tours, tastings. Directions: On FM-2233 1 mi N of Hwy 71; 55 mi W of Austin, 19 mi E of Llano
SANDY ROAD GUEST HAUS:
Upscale Western-style Guest House Lodging
in a Beautiful Ranch Setting in the Gorgeous Texas Hill Country
Reservations & Information: 281-300-7177
9242 RR 1320 (Sandy Road), Johnson City, TX 78636
Web: www.SandyRoadGuestHaus.com Email: info@SandyRoadGuestHaus.com
Come Relax & Enjoy!