COFRAN'S PC &
- - -
Tech Support &
Call-In Help Desk
PC slowed down?
We can tune it up!
** PC Repairs **
BSEE, MBA, xCPA
Veteran, Tech Officer
Cofran's Texas . . .
Hill Country Portal
A Powerful Information Database & Gateway Service for the Texas Hill Country
County Profile For:
McCULLOCH COUNTY, Texas
"no slogan"County Seat: BradyEst: 1856
County Borders: N: Coleman; NE: Brown; E: San Saba;
S: Mason; SW: Menard; NW: Concho
Population (2016): 8,172Businesses (2015): 210COL Index (2008): 75.4
Zip Codes: 76825Area Codes: 325Time Zone: CST
Center Line Coordinates: 31° 11' N, 99° 21' W
Major Highways: US-87, US-190, US-283, US-377, TX-71
Rivers: Colorado, San SabaLakes: Brady
Area: 1,066 smElevation: 1350 to 2000 ft
Quick Link To: Directory Listings In This County
CITIES & TOWNS IN THIS COUNTY:
- Cities, Towns and Villages: Brady, Melvin
- Unincorporated: Calf Creek, Camp San Saba, Doole, Fife, Lohn, Mercury, Pear Valley, Rochelle, Salt Gap, Voca, Whiteland
- County Judge: Danny Neal, 325-597-0733
McCulloch County Courthouse
199 Courthouse Square, RM-302, Brady TX 76825
- Area Council Of Governments:
Concho Valley COG, 325-944-9666
2801 W Loop 306, Ste A, San Angelo, TX 76904
- Brady/McCulloch County Chamber Of Commerce:
102 E 15th St, Brady, TX 76825
Includes the Brady Economic Development Corporation, the Brady/McCulloch County Chamber of Commerce, the McCulloch County Industrial Foundation, and the McCulloch County Visitors Center.
- City/County Visitors Guide, printable: Guide
- City/County Dining Guide, printable: Guide
EVENT CALENDAR: For full details on these and nearby events see Festivals & Major Events, Trade Days & Farmers Markets and calendars on our other focus topic pages accessible from the menu above.
WEATHER: Local Weather (Brady); Hill Country-wide Weather
MEDIA COVERAGE: See full details in Directory below.
- On-Line News: Google News
- Newspapers: Brady Standard-Herald, 325-597-2959; bradystandard.com. Weekly
- Radio: KNEL-1490 AM, 95.3 FM, knelradio.com
- TV, Articles & Videos:
- Handbook Of Texas Online: TSHA
- County TXGenWeb Project: Genealogical/historical information, including cemeteries, markers, maps, census data, surname queries), TXGenWeb
- McCulloch County Historical Commission: See listing below.
- More History: See Portal city profiles in list shown above, including Brady
OTHER PROFILES: City Data; Texas Escapes (not available); TXCIP; US Census Quick Facts; Wikipedia
We welcome inquiries, comments and submission of updates, additions, corrections & digital photos,
without compensation. Send to Editor at:
Back To >> TOP OF PAGE & MAIN INDEX
BUSINESS & ORGANIZATION DIRECTORY
LOCAL LISTINGS: Because the City of Brady is the dominant city in McCulloch County, please see the Directory Listings at City of Brady
MCCULLOCH COUNTY: County Judge Danny Neal: 325-597-0733; McCulloch County Courthouse, 199 Courthouse Square, RM-302, Brady TX 76825.
MCCULLOCH COUNTY, APPRAISAL DISTRICT: 325-597-1627; 306 W Lockhart, Brady, TX 76825. mccullochcad.org
MCCULLUCH COUNTY, CHILD WELFARE BOARD
MCCULLUCH COUNTY, HISTORICAL COMMISSION: 325-597-0357; 208 N Church, Brady, TX 76825. mchc1.com. "Working to Preserve and Promote the Historic and Cultural Resources of McCulloch County, Texas". KJ Hallmark, Chairperson: 325-597-4123; firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
MCCULLOCH COUNTY, SHERIFF: 325-597-2290; 300 W Main, Brady, TX 76825. Sheriff Earl Howell; Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
The McCulloch County Library: 325-597-2617; 401 E Commerce, Brady, TX 76825. mccullochcountylibrary.ploud.net
(F.M. BUCK) RICHARDS MEMORIAL LIBRARY: Closed.
LOCATED WITHIN THIS COUNTY: See detailed listings in each city/town in this county. Use the list with city links for this county at the top of this profile page. Or, use the Menu at the top of every page for city links. is the predominate city in this county and is where most such services are located.
US POSTAL SERVICE (USPS): 800-275-8777; usps.com. Local post offices:
- 325-597-2298; 229 S Blackburn St, Brady, TX 76825
- 325-483-5526; 6662 FM 503, Doole, TX 76836
- 325-344-5550; 1156 FM 504, Lohn, TX 76852
- 325-286-4346; 105 Mesquite St, Melvin, TX 76858
- 325-243-5280; 5702 Crew Ave, Rochelle, TX 76872
- 325-239-5522; 255 N FM 1851, Voca, TX 76887
LOCATED OUTSIDE THE TEXAS HILL COUNTRY: See State & Federal Offices
(Police, Fire, EMS/Medical)
CRIME STOPPERS-REPORT ANONYMOUSLY: 1-800-222-8477; or click: Stoppers
DISASTER & EMERGENCY SERVICES: Beyond dialing 911 for emergency services (police, fire, rescue), when a major destructive event occurs (wind damage, flooding, explosion, wildland fire, mass casualty incidents, terrorism, etc.), response services are organized based on the disaster coverage area and severity:
• Emergency Shelters & Local Relief Services Mostly Within A City: Depending on local needs and incident circumstances, check with local service and information organizations and locations that can be found on the Portal city page for each town/city, per the above Portal menu at the top of each page. On these city pages you can determine their open/close status and scope of services (shelter, showers, food, clothing, financial, essential supplies, other) presently offered, and donations (food, clothing, cash, other) they will accept. Their scope can change quickly based on the extent of damage and needs. The city pages also include emergency contacts for major utilities that are often affected during such incidents, including power, water, communications, etc.
• Multiple City Or County-wide Incidents: See County Judge's office for Emergency Management, and Sheriff's Dept above.
• Multiple County Incidents: See our Portal Focus Topic Page on Emergency Services for comprehensive information on area-wide emergency resources and contacts (Red Cross, TCEQ, Alert Systems, etc.).
CRISIS HOTLINES: click Hotlines-Emergencies
WITH OFFICES LOCATED WITHIN THIS COUNTY:
See detailed listings in each city/town in this county. Use the list with city links for this county at the top of this profile page. Or, use the Menu at the top of every page for city links. is the predominate city in this county and is where most such services are located.
WITH OFFICES LOCATED OUTSIDE THIS COUNTY:
AMERICAN RED CROSS: redcross.org. A humanitarian organization led by volunteers and guided by its Congressional Charter and the fundamental principles of the International Red Cross Movement, that provides relief to victims of disasters and helps people prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies. Serves Blanco, Gillespie, Mason, Menard, Kimble, Kerr and Sutton counties.
Local Chapter: Pecan Valley, 325-646-0196; 600 E Adams, Brownwood, TX 76801. Serves McCulloch & San Saba counties.
CENTRAL TEXAS COLLEGE: 512-556-2969; 254-526-7161 In State: 1-800-223-4760 Out of State: 1-800-792-3348; POB 1800, Killeen, TX 76540-1800. The CTC Service Area Campus provides college credit and non-credit classes to the citizens of Central Texas in the following counties: Bell, Burnet, Coryell, Hamilton, Lampasas, Llano, Mason, McCulloch, Mills, San Saba and Williamson. These classes are offered on a semester basis. CTC Community Coordinators are located in Brady, Burnet, Gatesville, Hamilton, Lampasas and San Saba. Classroom courses, academic and vocational programs, distance education, dual and concurrent enrollment for high school students. ctcd.edu
(THE) HAVEN FAMILY SHELTER: 24x7 Hotline: 325-597-7644; POB 310, Brady, TX 76825. thehavenfamilyshelter.org. Mission is to reduce the incidence and impact of domestic violence and/or sexual assault in McCulloch, Mason and Menard Counties and surrounding areas by providing services and support that empower victims to rebuild their lives and regain their dignity within a safe and caring community.
(F.M. BUCK RICHARDS MEMORIAL) LIBRARY: See County Government above.
MASTER GARDENERS ASSOCIATION: txmg.org. A non-profit organization under the Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Program. Mission is to disseminate horticulture education on gardening, water conservation, soil maintenance, native & earthkind planting. Local club:
Central Texas (McColluch County) Master Gardeners Association: txmg.org/centraltexas
Note: See chamber, tourism & economic development listings in profile section above.
Note: For Hill Country-wide non-profits, public service and social service organizations, see Hill Country Information
HILL COUNTRY-WIDE UTILITY PROVIDERS:
For Hill Country area utility service providers (electric, gas, water, sewer, trash),
telecom providers (land lines, cellular service, TV, internet), and related services (package delivery, newspaper, etc.), click: Utilities & Telecom
SANDY ROAD GUEST HAUS:
Upscale Western-style Guest House Lodging
in a Beautiful Ranch Setting in the Gorgeous Texas Hill Country
Reservations & Information: 281-300-7177
9242 RR 1320 (Sandy Road), Johnson City, TX 78636
Web: SandyRoadGuestHaus.com Email: info@SandyRoadGuestHaus.com
Come Relax & Enjoy!
Click for Hill Country:
» RECURRING ACTIVITIES
» MARKET DAYS
» ALL CALENDARS
Affordable Pre-paid Emergency Air Transport Service
Click image for details
Protection starts at $65/yr
Protect Your Computer Files With
of your data.
to get started.