COFRAN'S PC &
- - -
Tech Support &
Call-In Help Desk
PC slowed down?
We can tune it up!
** PC Repairs **
BSEE, MBA, xCPA
Veteran, Tech Officer
Cofran's Texas . . .
Hill Country Portal
A Powerful Information Database & Gateway Service for the Texas Hill Country
County Profile For:
SAN SABA, Texas
Pronounced: "SAN SAB-ah"
"no slogan"County Seat: San SabaEst: 1856
County Borders: N: Mills; E: Lampasas; SE: Burnet; S: Llano;
SW: Mason; W: McCulloch; NW: Brown
Population (2016): 5,944Businesses (2015): 168COL Index (2008): 76.9
Zip Codes: 76877Area Codes: 325Time Zone: CST
Center Line Coordinates: 31° 10' N; 99° 41' W
Major Highways: US-190, TX-16, FM-45, 500, 501
Rivers: San Saba, ColoradoLakes:
Area: 1,135 smElevation: 1100 to 1800 ft
CITIES & TOWNS IN THIS COUNTY: Definition & Maps.
- County Judge: Byron Theodosis, 325-372-3635
San Saba County Courthouse
500 E Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877
- Central Texas Council Of Governments (CTCOG):
Jim Reed, Executive Director: 254-770-2200
POB 729, Belton, TX 76513
Web: ctcog.org, Email: email@example.com
- Capital Area Trauma Regional Advisory Council (CATRAC)
4100 Ed Bluestein Blvd, Ste 200, Austin, TX 78721
- San Saba Chamber Of Commerce:
302 E Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
Web: sansabachamber.com, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
EVENT CALENDAR: For full details on these and nearby events see Festivals & Major Events, Trade Days & Farmers Markets, Live Entertainment, and calendars on our other focus topic pages accessible from the menu above.
WEATHER: Local Weather; Hill Country-wide Weather
MEDIA COVERAGE: See full details in Directory below.
- On-Line News: Google News
- Newspapers: San Saba News & Star: 325-372-5115; sansabanews.com
- Radio/TV, Articles & Videos:
- Handbook Of Texas Online: TSHA
- County TXGenWeb Project: Genealogical/historical information, including cemeteries, markers, maps, census data, surname queries, TXGenWeb
- San Saba County Historical Commission: See full details in Directory below.
- "Call Of The San Saba", a book by local resident Alma Ward Hamrick on the history of San Saba County.
- More History: See Portal city profiles in list shown above, including San Saba.
OTHER PROFILES: City Data; US Census Quick Facts; Texas Escapes; TXCIP; Wikipedia
We welcome inquiries, comments and submission of updates, additions, corrections & digital photos,
without compensation. Send to Editor at:
BUSINESS & ORGANIZATION DIRECTORY
FOR LOCAL LISTINGS: Because the City of San Saba is the dominant city in San Saba County, please see the Directory Listings at City of San Saba
COUNTY JUDGE: Byron Theodosis, 325-372-3635; San Saba County Courthouse, 500 E Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877. sansabacounty.org, co.san-saba.tx.us
SAN SABA COUNTY, JUDGE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT & 911 DIRECTOR: 325-372-3635
SAN SABA COUNTY, ADULT PROBATION OFFICER: 325-372-3285
SAN SABA COUNTY, ALL SPORTS ARENA: 325-372-6034; San Saba, TX 76877. 3 mi N of downtown at TX-16 and RR 500 intersection, at the airport facility.
SAN SABA COUNTY, APPRAISAL DISTRICT: 325-372-5031; Courthouse Annex, 423 E Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877-3527. sansabacad.org
SAN SABA COUNTY, ATTORNEY: 325-372-3747
SAN SABA COUNTY, DISTRICT CLERK: 325-372-3614
SAN SABA COUNTY, COMMISSIONER, PRECINCT #1: 325-372-3466 (barn)
SAN SABA COUNTY, COMMISSIONER, PRECINCT #2: 325-452-3438 (barn-Richland Springs)
SAN SABA COUNTY, COMMISSIONER, PRECINCT #3: 325-622-4429 (barn-Cherokee)
SAN SABA COUNTY, COMMISSIONER, PRECINCT #4: 325-372-5226
SAN SABA COUNTY, CRIME VICTIM COORDINATOR, DIRECTOR OF INDIGENT PROGRAMS: 325-372-6550
SAN SABA COUNTY, EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR, ON-SITE SEWAGE FACILITY, EMS BILLING, FLOODPLAIN MANAGEMENT: 325-372-5600
SAN SABA COUNTY, GAME WARDEN: 325-372-5098
SAN SABA COUNTY, HISTORICAL COMMISSION: 500 E Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877. County Chairman: David M. Williams, email@example.com, sansabachc.org
SAN SABA COUNTY, JUSTICE OF THE PEACE: 325-372-5746
SAN SABA COUNTY, JUVENILE PROBATION OFFICER: 325-372-5075
SAN SABA COUNTY, LIBRARY (RYLANDER MEMORIAL LIBRARY): 325-372-3079; 103 S Live Oak St, San Saba, TX 76877-4706. sansabacounty.org/Rylander/about.htm
SAN SABA COUNTY, MUNICIPAL AIRPORT (81R): 325-372-6034; San Saba, TX 76877. 3 mi N of downtown at TX-16 and RR 500 intersection. Public owned. Open 24/7. No tower. Runway: 3,800 x 60 ft.; AirNav; Map
SAN SABA COUNTY, SHERIFF: 325-372-5551; 104 S Water, San Saba, TX 76877. Sheriff Lonnie Allen Brown; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SAN SABA COUNTY, SURVEYOR: 325-372-3028
SAN SABA COUNTY, TAX ASSESSOR-COLLECTOR: 325-372-5325; 500 E Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877-3527
SAN SABA COUNTY, TREASURER: 325-372-3337
SAN SABA COUNTY, VETERANS SERVICES OFFICER: 325-372-3835
LOCATED WITHIN THIS COUNTY: See detailed listings in each city/town in this county. Use the list with city links for this county at the top of this profile page. Or, use the Menu at the top of every page for city links. San Saba is the predominate city in this county and is where most such services are located.
DISTRICT COURTS AND DISTRICT ATTORNEY: See State & Federal Offices. Includes the 33rd and 424th District Courts.
US POST OFFICES: 800-275-8777. usps.com
- 325-628-3358; 22902 W FM 580, Bend, TX 76824-3000
- 800-275-8777; 325-622-4566; 206 TX-16 N, Cherokee, TX 76832-9998
- 325-452-3232; 105 W Main St, Richland Springs, TX 76871
- 325-372-5022; 603 S High St, San Saba, TX 76877-9998
LOCATED OUTSIDE THE TEXAS HILL COUNTRY: See State & Federal Offices
(Police, Fire, EMS/Medical)
CRIME STOPPERS-REPORT ANONYMOUSLY: 1-800-222-8477; or click: Stoppers
DISASTER & EMERGENCY SERVICES: Beyond dialing 911 for emergency services (police, fire, rescue), when a major destructive event occurs (wind damage, flooding, explosion, wildland fire, mass casualty incidents, terrorism, etc.), response services are organized based on the disaster coverage area and severity:
- EMERGENCY SHELTERS & LOCAL RELIEF SERVICES MOSTLY WITHIN A CITY: Depending on local needs and incident circumstances, check with local service and information organizations and locations that can be found on the Portal city page for each town/city, per the above Portal menu at the top of each page. On these city pages you can determine their open/close status and scope of services (shelter, showers, food, clothing, financial, essential supplies, other) presently offered, and donations (food, clothing, cash, other) they will accept. Their scope can change quickly based on the extent of damage and needs. The city pages also include emergency contacts for major utilities that are often affected during such incidents, including power, water, communications, etc.
- MULTIPLE CITY OR COUNTY-WIDE INCIDENTS: See County Judge's office for Emergency Management, and Sheriff's Dept above.
- MULTIPLE COUNTY INCIDENTS: See our Portal Focus Topic Page on Emergency Services for comprehensive information on area-wide emergency resources and contacts (Red Cross, TCEQ, Alert Systems, etc.).
- CODE RED EMERGENCY ALERTS: 836-939-0911; Web Sign-Up. A free, automated system whereby you can be notified (via phone call, text, or mobile app) by your local emergency response team in the event of emergency situations or critical community alerts. Examples: evacuation notices, bio-terrorism alerts, boil water notices, severe weather and missing child reports.
CRISIS HOTLINES: click Hotlines-Emergencies
WITH OFFICES LOCATED WITHIN THIS COUNTY:
See detailed listings in each city/town in this county. Use the list with city links for this county at the top of this profile page. Or, use the Menu at the top of every page for city links. is the predominate city in this county and is where most such services are located.
WITH OFFICES LOCATED OUTSIDE THIS COUNTY:
AMERICAN RED CROSS, Pecan Valley Chapter:
325-646-0196; 600 E Adams, Brownwood, TX 76801.
pecanvalleyredcross.org. A humanitarian organization led by volunteers and guided by its Congressional Charter and the fundamental principles of the International Red Cross Movement, that provides relief to victims of disasters and helps people prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies. Serves McCulloch & San Saba counties.
CENTRAL TEXAS COLLEGE: 512-556-2969; 254-526-7161 In State: 1-800-223-4760 Out of State: 1-800-792-3348; POB 1800, Killeen, TX 76540-1800. The CTC Service Area Campus provides college credit and noncredit classes to the citizens of Central Texas in the following counties: Bell, Burnet, Coryell, Hamilton, Lampasas, Llano, Mason, McCulloch, Mills, San Saba and Williamson. These classes are offered on a semester basis. CTC Community Coordinators are located in Brady, Burnet, Gatesville, Hamilton, Lampasas and San Saba. Classroom courses, academic and vocational programs, distance education, dual and concurrent enrollment for high school students. ctcd.edu
HIGHLAND LAKES LEGAL CENTER: 512-755-7887; 115 Main St, Marble Falls, TX 78654. highlandlakeslegalcenter.com. A non-profit law office created to offer income-based legal services in Blanco, Burnet, Llano, and San Saba counties.
HILL COUNTRY CHILDREN'S ADVOCACY CENTER: 512-756-2607; POB 27, 1001 N Hill St, Burnet, TX 78611. "Believe the Hurt, Begin the Healing", Serves Blanco, Burnet, Lampasas, Llano, Mason & San Saba Counties. Multi-disciplinary agency facilitates the prevention, detection, investigation and treatment of Child Abuse. Provides free services to abused children and their families. Agency provides services to physically and sexually abused children, witnesses, non-offending family members, and the professionals dedicated to helping victims. Provides video-taped forensic interviews, written statement assistance, on-site medical examinations, evaluations, and referrals. Annual fund-raising event: Pedal Power Wildflower Ride. hccac.org
TEXAS MASTER NATURALISTS: txmn.org. A non-profit organization under the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Program in concert with Texas Parks & Wildlife. Mission is to develop a corps of well-informed volunteers to provide education, outreach, and service dedicated to the beneficial management of natural resources and natural areas within their communities.
Local: Hill Country Chapter, 830-896-2504; 309 Sidney Baker S, Kerrville, TX 78028. Meets 4th Mon 7p at UGRA building. Michelle Haggerty, State Coordinator. Counties served: Counties served: Bandera, Edwards, Gillespie, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Mason, Menard, Real, San Saba. txmn.org/hillcountry
YATES FIELD AIRPORT (37TX): 325-372-6027; San Saba, TX 76877. Private. Permission required prior to landing. 10 mi NW of San Saba. No Tower. Runway: 2,200 x 100 ft.; AirNav; Map
Note: See chamber, tourism & economic development listings in profile section above.
Note: For Hill Country-wide non-profits, public service and social service organizations, see Hill Country Information
HILL COUNTRY-WIDE UTILITY PROVIDERS:
For Hill Country area utility service providers (electric, gas, water, sewer, trash),
telecom providers (land lines, cellular service, TV, internet), and related services (package delivery, newspaper, etc.), click: Utilities & Telecom
SANDY ROAD GUEST HAUS:
Upscale Western-style Guest House Lodging
in a Beautiful Ranch Setting in the Gorgeous Texas Hill Country
Reservations & Information: 281-300-7177
9242 RR 1320 (Sandy Road), Johnson City, TX 78636
Web: SandyRoadGuestHaus.com Email: info@SandyRoadGuestHaus.com
Come Relax & Enjoy!
Click for Hill Country:
» FESTIVALS/MAJOR EVENTS
Affordable Pre-paid Emergency Air Transport Service
Click image for details
Protection starts at $65/yr
Protect Your Computer Files With
of your data.
to get started.